Sunday 2 May 2010

Evaluation: How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?

When producing my coursework i wanted all three tasks to link well with eachother so that it is clear that they are all associated with eachother. For example, with my front cover and my poster, i kept the title and logo the same to show to my audience that they are clearly linked.



I also made sure each thing was very relevant to the Isle of Wight itself, seeing as it is a local newspaper for the Isle of Wight. When thinking about how best to advertise, i thought about the beach as it is the main tourist attraction and beautiful place on the island. It's also a place where a lot of young people go.

With this idea i took a lot of my photos for my poster on the beach



I also made sure i made reference to the Isle of Wight in my radio ad.

I used the same fonts in both my poster and my newspaper as they are printed media and i used the newspapers website in both. A catchphrase i used in my poster 'The Islands new local newspaper for teenagers' was also used in my radio advert as the slogan.

I feel all three worked well effectively to produce my local newspaper in a way that my audience would be able to see the link between the radio ad and the poster and work out that it all links in with the newspaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment