Tuesday 2 March 2010

Conventions of a newspaper

ok so i thought, if i want to make my newspaper like a regular local newspaper i want to follow typical newspaper conventions, here are a few that i think i will follow:
Masthead: my newspaper needs a catchy title which is easy to notice, i have decided im going to use the title 'Island Eye' and am thinking of a logo to add to it too.
Colums: I'm going to write my article in colums because this is typical of a normal newspaper and gives the writing some sort of order
Pictures: my images need to be eyecatching and interesting to look and of good quality
Website/date/price: these are all vital parts of a newspaper front cover and it it vital that i have them.
Contents: most newspapers have some form of contents on the front cover, therefore i will have this on my front cover with a taster of some of the other news stories

No comments:

Post a Comment